Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The visual augmented reality world of our student's future

I made an early comment about how incredible this new application (Bing) in connecting geographic map, in both real and historical time. A map to the world and to the skies from any place, anytime. I am seldom stunned by new stuff because it doesn't seem to matter all that much to me. But this application of augmented reality that the folks at Microsoft have demonstrated and released challenges most aesthetics. It extends what a person can "see" and construct by augmenting both space and time. This application finally let me see what video game designers and players have always seen, but when integrated into maps with pictures and live images of real places that change as the day changes.....pretty cool. I think this might help us all think about where our students are located in the world.
Bing Maps

No comments: